Using photochemical processes, LED and laser light inserts bio-photons into damaged cells. The cells begin to produce energy (ATP), which improves their function, assists their division, strengthens the body’s immune system, and causes the secretion of various hormones. When the tissues are healed, the pain decreases or disappears.
If damaged cells have died, the bio-photons help the division of neighboring cells, generating new tissues, and thus bring about healing.
- Low Level Laser Therapy promotes healing in many conditions because it penetrates the skin, increases the ATP and activates enzymes in the targeted cells.
- Growth factor response within the cells and tissue as a result of increased ATP and protein synthesis.
- Improved cell proliferation.
- Pain relief as a result of increased endorphin release.
- Strengthening the immune system response via increasing levels of lymphocyte activity.
I use Low Level Laser Therapy along with Acupuncture, Herbs(internal & external), Moxa/TDP Therapy, Magnets, Cupping and Massage to achieve on average, half the recovery time, of traditional post injury or surgical therapy.
How it works
Pulsed Infrared Laser Radiation penetrates 10-13cm (4-5 inches) deep and has strong stimulating effects on blood circulation membranes and intracellular metabolism.
Continuous incoherent infrared radiation penetrates more shallow tissue depth and has an overall broader spectrum in comparison to laser radiation.
Red LED light penetrates smaller tissue depth and has beneficial anti-inflammatory effect.
The magnetic field provides energy-mediated protection of organism against environmental impacts: climatic factors and electromagnetic field. The magnetic field also keeps ionized molecules of tissue in a dissociated stage, thus enhancing the energy potentials at the molecular and cellular levels.
Peak pulse power of up to 25,000 mW and average power of ~7.5 mW – achieves high depth of tissue penetration while providing gentle average power levels.
TerraQuant for Sports Medicine: A Safe and Effective way to recover from Sports Injuries.
The most popular use of laser and LED therapy is the treatment of sports injuries, soft tissue, and joint conditions. Found below are a few reasons why many of the world’s professional athletes use laser therapy to speed up their recovery.
There is more published clinical and physiological evidence supporting the use of Laser and LED photobiomodulation for soft tissue injuries and joint conditions than any electrotherapy modality as traditionally used by physiotherapists.
- It’s quick and simple to apply.
- Can be used immediately after injury, over pins and plates.
- It’s considered the safest “electrotherapy” available by research experts.
- Has a proven worldwide track record of effective and safe treatments for Pain Management.